Friday, July 20, 2012

Stay Faithful

As I sit here and continue to watch the coverage of the "Colorado Massacare", I can't help but feel my stomach turn and heart tighten with disgust at this unspeakably cowardice act.  I feel helpless, as I'm sure so many others do too and especially the ones who faced this experience first hand.  It just makes me wonder.  It makes me wonder how twisted in the head someone must be to lose touch with reality and take another person's life without remorse.  It makes me wonder how someone can legally purchase the amount of guns and ammunition this low-life purchased, and no one blink an eye with suspicion.  But yet, people still believe gun control shouldn't be an issue??  I have no hesitation in saying that I have conservative political views, but it does not take a PHD political scientist to realize there is something wrong with what happened here.  If I wanted to buy a gun tomorrow, I would be more than thankful for my right to do so, but I would also hope if I planned to buy another gun two weeks from now that someone would have the guts to question Why?

It makes me sick to think that as Americans we are able to enjoy our freedom from authoritarian regime, but yet we have to be fearful of our own peers.  Residing in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, this has struck a chord with me that normally doesn't happen.  But just Monday night, the same senseless act of pathetic violence occurred two miles from my house.  It makes me sick to feel that I have to look over my shoulder now when I'm in public.  People all over this world live in fear day-to-day because of extremists militant groups in their nation state, but in America (the land of the Free) our main fear is fear of ourselves.  It's sad.

This post is just a blog of thoughts racing through my head, but I hope anyone who reads it can relate in some form or fashion.  I pray that one day (and I know that day will come) that we will not have to live with the inhumane who roam this world today like the Colorado gunman.  He will face what is certain to come, but until that day I can only say God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment