Friday, January 18, 2013

Preface to Upcoming "Vlog"

    This post is a quick introduction to what I'm currently working on.  I have recently moved to Colorado within the last week to pursue a new chapter in my life working as a Ski Photographer with Sharp Shooter Imaging.  The plan is to occasionally document my experience through a "video blog" format to update friends and family while I'm here.

    It has been a long time coming, trying to decide what my next move would be and where that move would take me.  I have been pursuing several different opportunities in several different locations over the past couple of months, and I honestly had no clue where I would end up.  The one thing I did know; however, was that I would need to jump on the first opportunity that came my way.
 
Winter Park, Colorado was the answer.

    After submitting a lot of resume's to different places ranging from New York to Denver, even locally in Alabama, I finally took the time to choose an option that I had always considered, but had yet to pursue.  Two days before the New Year, I applied to about five different Ski Photographer jobs just to see if any were still available.  To my pleasant surprise, the resort I recognized the most contacted me New Year's day, and I interviewed and accepted the job the next day.  Within one week's time, I traveled to Miami, FL to watch Alabama win it's 15th National Championship, then packed up my car and headed out West to the Rocky Mountains.  It was definitely a spur of the moment, life-changing decision, but I believe it will be an amazing experience.

This is my 2013 so far . . .  



1 comment: